Terms & Conditions
ResponseSource Ltd – Terms and Conditions of Subscription Services
- The Services. ResponseSource subscriptions include access to one, or more, of the following services:
- Media Contacts Database: Online access to regularly updated media outlet profiles, editorial contact information and features lists when available for those media outlets listed on the Media Contacts Database website at mediadatabase.responsesource.com.
- Journalist Enquiry Service: Email delivery and online access to journalist enquiries and other media requests made through the Journalist Enquiry Service at journalistenquiries.responsesource.com. These terms apply to Journalist Enquiry Service in the UK. The Journalist Enquiry Service operates under dedicated terms and conditions in France and Germany at www.responsesource.fr and www.responsesource.de.
- Freelance Journalist Profiles: Online access to the contact and professional information of the freelance journalists listed in our directory at freelanceprofiles.responsesource.com.
- Press Release Wire and Newsrooms: Press release distribution and online news hosting (pressreleases.responsesource.com). The primary terms for use of the Press Release Wire service are published at pressreleases.responsesource.com/about/faq/terms-conds.
- Publisher. ResponseSource services are provided by ResponseSource Ltd (hereafter known as ‘The Publisher’). ResponseSource is a Limited company registered in England and Wales with company number 3364882.
- Definitions. Subscription: ResponseSource subscriptions are sold on a ‘per office, per company’ basis. Any entity wanting to use a service at more than one geographic office would require a subscription for each office. Multiple companies, however related, at the same location would require a subscription per company. There is no limit to the number of users at each office providing they adhere to section 4 below. An office or individual subscribing to ResponseSource services is hereafter known as The Subscriber.
- Access to The Services: Access to information on our websites is through the use of a personal username and password. All users of ResponseSource services must provide their full name, business contact details, and an individual (rather than a generic, role-based, or list) email addresses that shares the same domain name as the subscribing entity. Access to the Services and the ResponseSource Websites is limited to registered users and those specific systems and time periods authorised by ResponseSource. Use of the Services and the ResponseSource Websites during other time periods or by individuals not authorised by ResponseSource is expressly prohibited. Access is subject always to ResponseSource business control and information protection policies, standards and guidelines as may be modified from time to time. The Publisher reserves the right to reclaim lost earnings and/or claim compensation for breach of its copyright from a Subscriber through the unauthorised use of that Subscriber’s usernames and passwords.
- Duration: Subscription lasts for one year after delivery of the username and password to the Subscriber, unless otherwise specified.
- Contract: A contract exists between us when we confirm our acceptance of your order by invoicing you. Subscription fees are for one year and are non-refundable. The subscriber agrees to our invoice payment terms. Non-payment may result in suspension of service. Suspension of service does not nullify your contractual obligations with ResponseSource.
- Warranty: ResponseSource provides ‘business to business’ services. Subscribers warrant that they are using ResponseSource services for purposes related to their trade, business or profession.
- Renewal: There will be no break in availability of service at the end of this period if the Publisher has received payment from the Subscriber for the subsequent period at least two weeks prior to the end of the current period.
- Passwords: The Subscriber ensures the usernames and passwords issued will only be available for use by employees of the subscribing office. The Subscriber undertakes to prevent usernames and passwords being given to temporary or freelance employees, employees of subsidiary or associated companies or any other third-party individuals. The Subscriber accepts responsibility for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and is fully responsible for all activities that occur under their password or account. Sharing of passwords is not allowed. The Subscriber agrees to immediately notify ResponseSource of any unauthorised use of their password or account or any other breach of security. We will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from the Subscribers failure to comply with this clause. The Publisher reserves the right to change a Subscriber’s usernames and/or passwords at any time.
- The Subscriber must not pass any information from The Services or information emailed from The Publisher (either from staff or via the Journalist Enquiry Service) to media outlets (newspapers, magazines, newsletters, broadcast companies, internet content companies or any other publishing organisation), even if The Subscriber is acting on behalf of a media outlet.
- Service Changes: ResponseSource services are constantly being developed, updated and added to. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to these Terms. The Publisher reserves the right to alter the presentation of the service or prices charged at any time.
- Availability: The Publisher makes all reasonable effort to ensure The Services are available at all times, including outside normal office hours. However The Publisher cannot accept responsibility for inability to access the Services due to failure of The Publisher’s equipment, software failure, system downtime due to maintenance or development or congestion/failure of the Internet.
- Content: Due to the highly changeable nature of media outlet contact, editorial and forward features information The Publisher cannot accept responsibility for inaccuracies in such information. Although The Publisher makes every attempt to ensure features lists are made available, The Publisher does not guarantee that features lists will be made available for every media outlet listed on the site.
- Technical Requirements: The Subscriber is responsible for ensuring that its systems are capable of accessing the Services. ResponseSource shall not be responsible for any failure of the Subscriber to access any element of the Services due to a failure of the Subscriber systems or computer equipment, or third party systems and / or equipment employed by the Subscriber. ResponseSource may restrict access to email distribution platforms on the Media Contacts Database if you have conflicting sender authentication measures in place, such as SPF.
- Email Delivery: The Publisher will not be held responsible for email delivery failures that may occur due to third party anti-spam and anti-virus filtering techniques or other technical failures. The Subscriber agrees that The Publisher has no responsibility or liability for the deletion, corruption or failure to post, store and/or forward any messages or other content.
- Acceptable Use: Senders and recipients of journalist enquiries agree to adhere to the Acceptable Use policy published on http://www.responsesource.com/acceptable-use/.
- Misrepresentation: The Subscriber agrees to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about themselves. If The Subscriber provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or The Publisher has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, The Publisher has the right to suspend or terminate The Subscribers account and refuse any and all current or future use of The Service (or any part thereof).
- General Practices Regarding Use: The Subscriber acknowledges that The Publisher may establish general practices and limits concerning use of The Service and may modify such practices and limits from time to time without notice.
- Updates to terms: The Publisher reserves the right to update these terms and conditions at any time.
- Jurisdiction: The agreement between us and the Subscriber and any dispute or claim arising out of, or in connection with, it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. Both we and the Subscriber irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of, or in connection with, the agreement between us or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims). ResponseSource Ltd provides foreign language translations of these Terms and Conditions. If the foreign language’s meaning or interpretation differs from the English meaning or interpretation, the English meaning and interpretation shall prevail.
Updated: December 2015